San Diego Pro-Bono Attorney Program
The Law Offices of Brian R. Mason strives to be an important contributor to the San Diego community. In 2007, Attorney Brian Mason received a pro-bono honors award for contributing more than 300 hours to indigent defendants in multiple first degree homicide cases.
Currently, the Law Offices of Brian R. Mason offers a pro-bono program for those with special circumstances. We strive to take a minimum of five cases per year for free of legal charge.
To qualify for the pro-bono program, an individual or family must be in need of legal services offered by our firm, and they must be going through a financial, emotional and/or physical hardhsip (see disclaimer below). Additionally, our office provides discounted rates and payment plans.
Recent Pro-Bono Cases
- Defense of Misdemeanor Disorderly Conduct charges for Pedi-Cab driver wrongfully accused of crime. RESULT: Case Dismissed.
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy for single mother of three with only $800.00/month in gross income from employment
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy for woman who had previously paid Pacific Law Center in full for a Chapter 7 before they went out of business. They then failed to refund her money.
- Approximately 20 hours of work in postponing foreclosure for family in need.
- Card negotiation and lawsuit defense for 79 year old woman who was a victim of identity theft.
- Assistance in small claim court defense for breach of contract.
- Reduction of Attorney's Fees to less than 1/2 of normal rate for many families in need in numerous cases.
Whether or not our firm accepts your case free of legal charge or at a discounted rate is 100% at the discretion of attorney Brian R. Mason. There is no guarantee that our firm will accept your case free of charge or at a discounted rate. Additionally, there is no gaurantee that our firm will take five pro-bono cases each year, it is simply something that we strive to do each year.
Do you have questions about our services?
Contact us at 858 444-5256 or via our contact form.